Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chaplet of All Souls

History:
This chaplet is sometimes called the All Souls Rosary.

Medals/Beads:
....................0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  X  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  X  0 0 0 0 0
C  X  0 0 0  X  M (........................................................ )
....................0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  X  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  X  0 0 0 0 0

Method:
On the Crucifix:
Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord; O Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my supplication.
If you should remember sins, O Lord; O Lord, who could bear it?
But with you is forgiveness, that you may be served with reverence.
I hope in the Lord, my soul hopes in His word;
My soul waits for the Lord, more than watchmen for the dawn.
More than watchmen for the dawn, let Israel wait for the Lord.
For the Lord is mercy and with Him plenteous redemption.
And He shall redeem Israel from all its sins.
On the large (X) beads:
Our Father...
On the small (0) beads:
O good Jesus, have mercy on the souls in purgatory or (name) and grant to them eternal rest. 
1st Decade:
I offer You, my Saviour, this 1st decade for the souls of all of my relatives, through the Precious Blood which You shed for them in Your Agony in the Garden of Gethsemane.  O good Jesus, have mercy on them!
2nd Decade:
I offer You, my Saviour, this 2nd decade for the souls of all those who have shown me kindness, through the Precious Blood which You shed for them in Your Scourging.  O good Jesus, have mercy on them!
3rd Decade:
I offer You, my Saviour, this 3rd decade for the souls of those whom I have at any time offended, through the Precious Blood which You shed for them in carrying Your Cross to Calvary.  O good Jesus, have mercy on them!
4th Decade:
I offer You, my Saviour, this fourth decade for the souls of my friends and companions, through the Precious Blood which You poured forth upon the Cross, and through the sorrows which Mary, our tender Mother,
endured at the foot of the Cross. O good Jesus, have mercy on them!
5th Decade:
I offer You, my Saviour, this 5th decade for the soul of my father and/or mother and/or relative.  I offer You, for this soul so dear to me, the Precious Blood and the sacred water from Your Heart, pierced by the lance.  O good Jesus, open to this soul the gate of heaven, and grant me the grace to be reunited with it forever in the bosom off Your goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment