Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Chaplet of St. Jude

History:
Based on Lectionary Lessons for Sts. Simon and Jude.

Medals/Beads:
C  X  0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Method:
On the Cross: 
Give ear, O heavens, and I will speak; let the earth hear the words of my mouth. May my teaching drop like the rain, my speech condense like the dew; like gentle rain on grass, like showers on new growth. For I will proclaim the name of the LORD; ascribe greatness to our God! The Rock, his work is perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God, without deceit, just and upright is he. - Deuteronomy 32:1-4
Invitatory: 
O God, we thank you for the glorious company of the apostles, and especially on this day for Simon and Jude; and we pray that, as they were faithful and zealous in their mission, so we may with ardent devotion make known the love and mercy of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.
Cruciform: 
The LORD exists forever; your word is firmly fixed in heaven. - Psalm 119:89
Week Beads:
1st: Your faithfulness endures to all generations; you have established the earth, and it stands fast.
2nd: By your appointment they stand today, for all things are your servants.
3rd: If your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my misery.
4th: I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have given me life.
5th: I am yours; save me, for I have sought your precepts.
6th: The wicked lie in wait to destroy me, but I consider your decrees.
7th: I have seen a limit to all perfection, but your commandment is exceedingly broad.
--Psalm 119:90-96
Final Cross: 
I am giving you these commands so that you may love one another. ’If the world hates you, be aware that it hated me before it hated you. If you belonged to the world, the world would love you as its own. Because you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world—therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, “Servants are not greater than their master.” If they persecuted me, they will persecute you; if they kept my word, they will keep yours also. But they will do all these things to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. Whoever hates me hates my Father also. If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would not have sin. But now they have seen and hated both me and my Father. It was to fulfill the word that is written in their law, “They hated me without a cause.” ’When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who comes from the Father, he will testify on my behalf. You also are to testify because you have been with me from the beginning. - John 15:17-27

No comments:

Post a Comment