Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chaplet of St. Christopher

History:
Anglican.  Based on the Prayer for Safe Travel by Patricia Hauze, ©2002.


Medals/Beads:
C  X  0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Method:
On the Cross: 
Oh God, without you to guide me, I am lost.
Invitatory: 
Come sit beside me, Oh Lord, that I may begin this journey in peace.
Cruciform: 
Dear God, keep me safe.
Week 1 I pray for safety in my travels this day.
Week 2 I pray for sunshine to light my way.
Week 3 I pray for a journey that is incident free.
Week 4 I pray for patience for all travelers and me.
Week 5 I pray for rest at the end of my drive.
Week 6 I pray for clear roadways until I arrive.
Week 7 I pray for us all on the roads today.
Exit Invitatory: 
Thank you, Oh Lord, for a safe journey's end.
Final Cross:
Prayer to Saint Christopher
Dear Saint, you have inherited a beautiful name - Christbearer - as a result of a wonderful legend that while carrying people across a raging stream you also carried the Child Jesus. Teach us to be true Christbearers to those who do not know him. Protect all drivers who often transport those who bear Christ within them. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment