Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Chaplet of the Holy Virtues

History:
The chaplet, recited three times daily, can restore the virtues in the sanctity of our souls.  The following message was reportedly given to Theresa at St. Thomas More parish in Denver during the recitation of the Rosary:
"My Dear One,  these instructions are for the prayers to obtain the Virtues.  Three times each day, I ask you to pray the Chaplet of Holy Virtues.  Once upon rising, again at midday, and upon retiring.  Begin with the creed, then the consecration to My Immaculate Heart, then the Angelus.  You will name each virtue.  Recite each decade for these virtues: Faith, Hope, Charity, Humility, Patience, Perseverance, and Obedience."

Medals/Beads:
Medal with Our Lady of Sorrows on one side and the Sacred Heart of Jesus on the other side.
...............0 0 0  X  0 0 0  X  0 0 0  X  0
C  X X   M  X ................................ 0
...............0 0 0  X  0 0 0  X  0 0 0  X  0

Method:
On the Crucifix:
Apostles Creed
On the 1st bead:
Consecration to the Blessed Mother:
My Queen, my Mother, I give myself entirely to Thee and to show my devotion to Thee, I consecrate to Thee this day, my eyes, my mouth, my heart, my whole being without reserve.  Wherefore good Mother, as I am Thine own, keep me, guard me as Thy property and possession.  Amen.
On the 2nd bead:
Angelus:
The Angel of the Lord declared unto Mary, and she conceived of the Holy Spirit.  Hail Mary
Behold the handmaid of the Lord, be it done unto me according to Thy word.  Hail Mary
And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us.  Hail Mary
Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let us pray:
Pour forth, we beseech Thee, O Lord, Thy grace into our hearts, that we to whom the Incarnation of Christ, Thy Son, was made known by the message of an angel, may by His passion and cross be brought to the glory of His resurrection, through the same Christ, Our Lord.  Amen.
On the remaining large (X) beads:
each bead is for the virtue (the Blessed Mother stated to Theresa:)
Grow strong in Faith; Keep steadfast in Hope; Overflow with Charity for all; Practice all endeavors in total Humility; Rest in Patience; Work diligently in Perseverance; And always remain in complete Obedience to God."
On the 1st small (0) bead of each set:
Our Father
On the 2nd small (0) bead of each set:
Glory Be
On the 3rd small (0) bead of each set:
Prayer to the Holy Spirit:
Come Holy Spirit enlighten my heart to see the things which are of God.  Come Holy Spirit into my mind that I may know the things that are of God.  Come Holy Spirit into my soul that I belong only to God.  Sanctify all that I think, say and do, that all will be for the glory of God.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment