Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Litany of the Holy Popes

Lord, have mercy on us,
Christ, have mercy.
Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.
God, the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God, the Holy Spirit, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, pray for us.
Saint Joseph, pray for us.
Saint Peter the Rock, pray for us.
Saint Linus, pray for us.
Saint Cletus, pray for us.
Saint Clement I, pray for us.
Saint Anacletus, pray for us.
Saint Evaristus, pray for us.
Saint Alexander I, pray for us.
Saint Sixtus (Xystus) I, pray for us.
Saint Telesphorus, pray for us.
Saint Hyginus, pray for us.
Saint Pius I, pray for us.
Saint Anicetus, pray for us.
Saint Soter, pray for us.
Saint Eleutherius, pray for us.
Saint Victor I, pray for us.
Saint Zephyrinus, pray for us.
Saint Callixtus (Callistus) I , pray for us.
Saint Urban I, pray for us.
Saint Pontian, pray for us.
Saint Anterus, pray for us.
Saint Fabian, pray for us.
Saint Cornelius, pray for us.
Saint Lucius I, pray for us.
Saint Stephen I, pray for us.
Saint Sixtus II, pray for us
Saint Dionysius, pray for us.
Saint Felix I, pray for us.
Saint Eutychian, pray for us   
Saint Marcellus I, pray for us.
Saint Eusebius, pray for us.
Saint Miltiades, pray for us.
Saint Sylvester I, pray for us.
Saint Marcus I, pray for us.
Saint Julius I, pray for us.
Saint Damasus I, pray for us
Saint Siricius, pray for us.
Saint Anastasius I, pray for us.
Saint Innocent I, pray for us.
Saint Zosimus, pray for us.
Saint Boniface I, pray for us.
Saint Celestine I, pray for us.
Saint Sixtus III, pray for us.
Saint Leo (the Great) I, pray for us.
Saint Hilarius, pray for us
Saint Simplicius, pray for us
Saint Felix II, pray for us.
Saint Gelasius I, pray for us.
Saint Symmachus, pray for us
Saint Hormisdas, pray for us
Saint John I, pray for us
Saint Felix III, pray for us.
Saint Agapetus I ,pray for us.
Saint Silverius, pray for us.
Saint Gregory (the Great) I, pray for us.
Saint Boniface IV, pray for us.
Saint Deusdedit I, pray for us.
Saint Martin I, pray for us.
Saint Eugene I, pray for u s.
Saint Vitalian, pray for us.
Saint Agatho, pray for us.
Saint Leo II, pray for us.
Saint Benedict II, pray for us.
Saint Sergius I, pray for us
Saint Gregory II, pray for us.   
Saint Caius, pray for us
Saint Marcellinus, pray for us.
Saint Gregory III, pray for us.
Saint Zachary, pray for us.
Saint Paul I, pray for us.
Saint Leo III, pray for us.
Saint Paschal I, pray for us.
Saint Leo IV, pray for us.
Saint Nicholas (the Great) I, pray for us,
Saint Adrian III, pray for us.
Saint Leo IX, pray for us.
Saint Gregory VII, pray for us.
Blessed Victor III, pray for us.
Blessed Urban II, pray for us.
Blessed Eugene III, pray for us.
Blessed Gregory X, pray for us.
Blessed Innocent V, pray for us.
Saint Celestine V, pray for us.
Blessed Benedict XI, pray for us.
Blessed Urban V, pray for us.
Saint Pius V, pray for us.
Blessed Innocent XI, pray for us.
Venerable Pius IX, pray for us.
Saint Pius X, pray for us.
Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord!
Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord!
Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us!
V. Pray for us, O' Holy Popes,
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let Us Pray.  O God, who didst fill the souls of all Your Holy Popes with a burning charity and called these men to be the Vicars of Christ, grant that through their intercession we may follow in the footsteps of Jesus, Our Divine Master; and may our prayers to these saintly Popes be fruitful for life both here and hereafter, through the same Christ Our Lord. R. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment