Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chaplet of St. Elizabeth of Hungary

History:
Based on Lectionary Lessons.

Medals/Beads:
C  X  0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Method:
On the Cross: 
‘When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will put the sheep at his right hand and the goats at the left. Then the king will say to those at his right hand, “Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.” Then the righteous will answer him, “Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?” And the king will answer them, “Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.” - Matthew 25:31-40
Invitatory: 
Almighty God, by your grace your servant Elizabeth of Hungary recognized and honored Jesus in the poor of this world: Grant that we, following her example, may with love and gladness serve those in any need or trouble, in the name and for the sake of Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever.
Cruciform: 
Praise the LORD! Happy are those who fear the LORD, who greatly delight in his commandments. - Psalm 112:1
Week Beads:
1st: Their descendants will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed.
2nd: Wealth and riches are in their houses, and their righteousness endures forever.
3rd: They rise in the darkness as a light for the upright; they are gracious, merciful, and righteous.
4th: It is well with those who deal generously and lend, who conduct their affairs with justice.
5th: For the righteous will never be moved; they will be remembered forever.
6th: They are not afraid of evil tidings; their hearts are firm, secure in the LORD.
7th: They have distributed freely, they have given to the poor; their righteousness endures forever; their horn is exalted in honor.
--Psalm 112:2-7, 9
Final Cross: 
Do not be afraid, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions, and give alms. Make purses for yourselves that do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. - Luke 12:32-34

No comments:

Post a Comment