Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

St. Columba's Journey Chaplet

History:
Created and submitted for use by Rev. Rwth Ashton
This prayer is attributed to Columba and was written in Old Irish of the 6th to 8th centuries. It was found in a 15th century manuscript with this description: "This is the protection of Colum Cille. And it is to be said at bed-time and on rising, and when going on a journey, and is of marvelous avail."

Medals/Beads:
C  X  0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Method:
On the Cross: 
The path I walk, Christ walks it.
Invitatory Bead: 
May the land in which I am be without sorrow. May the Trinity protect me wherever I stay, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Cruciform Bead: 
Bright angels walk with me-dear presence-in every dealing. In every dealing, I pray them that no one's poison may reach me.
Week Beads: 
1st: The nine-fold people of heaven of holy cloud,
2nd: The tenth force of the stout earth,
3rd: Favorable company, they come with me.
4th: May I arrive at every place,
5th: May I return home;
6th: May the way in which I spend be a way without loss.
7th: May every path before me be smooth,
Cruciform Bead: 
Man, woman, and child welcome me.
Exit Invitatory Bead: 
A truly good journey!
Exit Cross: 
Well does the Lord show us a course, a path. (St. Columcille)

No comments:

Post a Comment