Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Chaplet of St. Julian of Norwich

History:
Based on Lectionary Lessons.

Medals/Beads:
C  X  0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Method:
On the Cross:
The Lord created me at the beginning of his work. The first of his acts of old. Ages ago I was set up, at the first, before the beginning of the earth . . . When he established the heavens I was there, when he drew a circle on the face of the deep. When he made firm the skies above, when he established the fountains of the deep. When he assigned to the sea its limits, so that the waters might not transgress his command, when he marked out the foundations of the earth, Then I was beside him, like a master workman, and I was daily his delight, Rejoicing before him always, rejoicing in his inhabited world. - Proverbs 8.22-31
Invitatory: 
Lord God, in your compassion you granted to the Lady Julian many revelations of your nurturing and sustaining love: Move our hearts, like hers, to seek you above all things, for in giving us yourself you give us all; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Cruciform: 
All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.
Week Beads:
1st: One thing have I asked of the LORD; one thing I seek; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life;
2nd: To behold the fair beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
3rd: For in the day of trouble he shall keep me safe in his shelter; he shall hide me in the secrecy of his dwelling and set me high upon a rock.
4th: Even now he lifts up my head above my enemies round about me.
5th: Therefore I will offer in his dwelling an oblation with sounds of great gladness; I will sing and make music to the LORD.
6th: Hearken to my voice, O LORD, when I call; have mercy on me and answer me.
7th: You speak in my heart and say, "Seek my face." Your face, LORD, will I seek.
--Psalm 27:5-11
Exit Invitatory: 
All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.
Final Cross:
John 4:23-26
Jesus said to the Samaritan woman, "The hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such as these to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth." The woman said to him, "I know that Messiah is coming" (who is called Christ). "When he comes, he will proclaim all things to us." Jesus said to her, "I am he, the one who is speaking to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment