Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Chaplet of St. Anthony of Padua

History:
Anglican.

Medals/Beads:
C  X  0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Method:
On the Cross:
Lord, have mercy on me.
Christ, have mercy on me.
Lord, have mercy on me.
Christ, hear me.
Christ, graciously hear me.
God, the Father of Heaven, have mercy on me.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, have mercy on me.
God, the Holy Spirit, have mercy on me.
Holy Trinity, one God, have mercy on me.
Invitatory Bead:
"Consider every day as a new beginning, the first day of your life; and always act with the same fervor." -- St. Anthony of Padua
Cruciform Bead:
May my cry come before you, O LORD ; give me understanding according to your word. -- Ps 119:169
Week Beads:
Psalm 119:170-176
1st: May my supplication come before you; deliver me according to your promise.
2nd: May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees.
3rd: May my tongue sing of your word, for all your commands are righteous.
4th: May your hand be ready to help me, for I have chosen your precepts.
5th: I long for your salvation, O LORD , and your law is my delight.
6th: Let me live that I may praise you, and may your laws sustain me.
7th: I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands.
Exit Cross:
"Suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.' In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents." -- Luke 15:8-10

No comments:

Post a Comment