Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chaplet of St. Augustine of Hippo #2

History:
Anglican.  Based on Prayers of St. Augustine.

Medals/Beads:
C  X  0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Method:
On the Cross: 
O Lord my God, I believe in you, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Insofar as I can, insofar as you have given me the power, I have sought you. I became weary and I loabored. O Lord my God, my sole hope, help me to believe and never ro cease seeking you. Grant that I may always and ardently seek out your countenance. Give me the strength to seek you, for you help me to find you and you have more and more given me the hope of finding you. Here I am before you with my firmness and my infirmity. Preserve the first and heal the second. Here I am before you with my stregnth and my ignorance. Where you have opened the door to me, welcome me at the entrance; where you have closed the door to me, open to my cry; enable me to remember you, to understand you, and to love you. Amen.
Invitatory Bead: 
Give me yourself, O my God, give yourself to me. Behold I love you, and if my love is too weak a thing, grant me to love you more strongly. I cannot measure my love to know how much it falls short of being sufficient, but let my soul hasten to your embrace and never be turned away until it is hiddeen in the secret shelter of your presence. This only do I know, that it is not good for me when you are not with me, when you are only outside me. I want you in my very self. All the plenty in the world which is not my God is utter want. Amen.
Cruciform Bead: 
Watch, O Lord, with those who wake, or watch, or weep tonight, and give your angels charge over those who sleep.
Week Beads:
1st: Tend your sick ones, O Lord Christ.
2nd: Rest your weary ones.
3rd: Bless your dying ones.
4th: Soothe your suffering ones.
5th: Pity your afflicted ones.
6th: Shield your joyous ones.
7th: And for all your love's sake. Amen.
Exit Cross: 
My God, let me know and love you, so that I may find my happiness in you. Since I cannot fully achieve this on earth, help me to improve daily until I may do so to the full Enable me to know you ever more on earth, so that I may know you perfectly in heaven. Enable me to love you ever more on earth, so that I may love you perfectly in heave. In that way my joy may be great on earth, and perfect with you in heaven. O God of truth, grant me the happiness of heaven so that my joy may be full in accord with your promise. In the meantime let my mind dwell on that happiness, my tongue speak of it, my heart pine for it, my mouth pronounce it, my soul hunger for it, my flesh thirst for it, and my entire being desire it until I enter through death in the joy of my Lord forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment