Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chaplet of St. Augustine of Hippo

History:
Anglican.  Based on Lectionary Lessons.

Medals/Beads:
C  X  0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Method:
On the Cross:
Since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us give thanks, by which we offer to God an acceptable worship with reverence and awe; for indeed our God is a consuming fire. -- Hebrews 12:28-29
Invitatory Bead: 
Lord God, the light of the minds that know you, the life of the souls that love you, and the strength of the hearts that serve you: Help us, following the example of your servant Augustine of Hippo, so to know you that we may truly love you, and so to love you that we may fully serve you, whom to serve is perfect freedom; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever.
Cruciform Bead: 
O LORD of hosts, happy is everyone who trusts in you. -- Psalm 84:12
Week Beads: 
Psalm 87
1st: On the holy mount stands the city he founded;
2nd: the LORD loves the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob.
3rd: Glorious things are spoken of you, O city of God. Selah
4th: Among those who know me I mention Rahab and Babylon; Philistia too, and Tyre, with Ethiopia—"This one was born there," they say.
5th: And of Zion it shall be said, "This one and that one were born in it"; for the Most High himself will establish it.
6th: The LORD records, as he registers the peoples, "This one was born there." Selah
7th: Singers and dancers alike say, "All my springs are in you."
Exit Cross: 
Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you know me, you will know my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.’ Philip said to him, ‘Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, “Show us the Father”? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own; but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; but if you do not, then believe me because of the works themselves. Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father. I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If in my name you ask me for anything, I will do it. ’If you love me, you will keep my commandments. -- John 14:6-15

No comments:

Post a Comment