Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Litany of the Guardian Angel

Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ, hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.
God, the Father of heaven, have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, have mercy on us.
God, the Holy Spirit, have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Queen of Angels, pray for us.
Holy Angel, my Guardian,
Holy Angel, prince of the heavenly court,
Holy Angel, my counselor,
Holy Angel, my defender,
Holy Angel, my friend,
Holy Angel, my intercessor,
Holy Angel, my patron,
Holy Angel, my director,
Holy Angel, my protector,
Holy Angel, my comforter,
Holy Angel, my brother,
Holy Angel, my teacher,
Holy Angel, my witness,
Holy Angel, my helper,
Holy Angel, my guide,
Holy Angel, my instructor,
Holy Angel, my enlightener,
Lamb of God, You take away the sins of the world, spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, You take away the sins of the world, graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, You take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
Christ, hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.
Pray for me, O holy Angel Guardian, that I may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let us pray:
Almighty and Everlasting God, who, in Your living Providence, have appointed to all the faithful from their birth a special Angel to be Guardian of their body and soul, grant that I may so love and honour him whom You have given me, that, protected by Your grace and his help, I may merit to behold, with him and all the angelic host, the glory of Your face in the heavenly country.  Who live and reign forever.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment