Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Litany of Resignation to the Will of God

Lord, have mercy on us,
Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us.
Jesus, hear us.
Jesus, graciously hear us.
God the Father, Who hath created me, Hallowed be Thy will
God the Son, Who hath redeemed me, Not my will but Thine be done.
God the Holy Ghost, Who hath offered sanctification, Blessed be the Most Sweet Will of God.
Thou Who dost know and foresee all things, Have mercy on us.
Thou Who dost govern and rule all things, Have mercy on us.
Thou Who, according to Thy inscrutable designs, dost effect all things in a wonderful manner, Have mercy on us.
Thou Who dost permit evil in order thence to derive good for the salvation of the elect, Have mercy on us.
In all things and in all possible events, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In all circumstances and disgraces, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In my state and employment, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In my affairs and occupations, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In all my actions, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In my health and strength, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In my body and soul, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In my life and death, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In myself and in those who belong to me, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In all men and angels, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In all creatures, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
In all parts of the earth, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
At all times, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
For all eternity, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
Although weak nature complains, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
Although it costs much to self-love and sensuality, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
Solely and only through love for Thee and Thy good pleasure, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
Because Thou art my Creator, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
Because Thou art the Supreme Lord of all things, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
Because Thou art infinite perfection, therefore do I say, with all the saints in Heaven, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
With the Blessed Virgin Mary, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
With Jesus in the Garden of Olives, Thy Holy Will be done, O my God.
Our Father (silently).
V. May the just, most amiable will of God be done in all things.
R. May it be praised and magnified forever! Amen.
Let Us Pray:  Grant me Thy grace, O Father, that perfect resignation to Thy Holy Will may be with me, and labor with me, and continue with me to the end. Grant me always to desire and will that which is most acceptable to Thee and which pleaseth Thee best. Let Thy will be mine, and let my will always follow Thine and agree perfectly with it. Let me always will and not will the same with Thee; let me not be able to will or not will anything except what Thou wiliest or wiliest not. R. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment