Medals/Beads:This chaplet comprises seven groups of 4 beads each: A meditation bead, on which one Our Father is said; and three smaller beads on which the Hail Mary is said.
.......0 0 0 X 0 0 0 X 0 0 0 X 0
M X ................................... 0
.......0 0 0 X 0 0 0 X 0 0 0 X 0
Method:Beginning on the Medal:
Jesus, our Lord, save me from my sins. Come, protect me from all dangers and lead me to salvation.
On the large beads, consider the meditation (using either antiphon or verse) and pray:
On the small beads, pray (three for each meditation):
At the conclusion:
Come, Lord Jesus, do not delay; give new courage to Your people who trust in Your love. By Your coming, raise us to the joy of Your Kingdom, where you live and reign with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen
The AntiphonsDecember 17
O WISDOM, who came from the mouth of the Most High, reaching from end to end and ordering all things mightily and sweetly: COME , and teach us the way of prudence. Amen. "O Sapientia..."
O LORD AND RULER of the House of Israel, who appeared to Moses in the flame of the burning bush and gave him the law on Sinai: COME , and redeem us with outstretched arms. Amen. "O Adonai..."
O ROOT OF JESSE, that stands for an ensign of the people, before whom the kings keep silence and unto whom the Gentiles shall make supplication: COME , to deliver us, and tarry not. Amen. "O Radix Jesse..."
O KEY OF DAVID, and Sceptre of the House of Israel, who opens and no man shuts, who shuts and no man opens: COME , and bring forth the captive from his prison, he who sits in darkness and in the shadow of death. Amen. "O Clavis David..."
O DAWN OF THE EAST, brightness of light eternal, and Sun of Justice: COME , and enlighten those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death. Amen. "O Oriens..."
O KING OF THE GENTILES and their desired One, the Cornerstone that makes both one: COME , and deliver man, whom you formed out of the dust of the earth. Amen. "O Rex..."
O EMMANUEL, God with us, Our King and Lawgiver, the expected of the nations and their Saviour: COME to save us, O Lord our God. Amen. "O Emmanuel..."
Hymn1) O come, O come, Emmanuel, And ransom captive Israel, That mourns in lonely exile here Until the Son of God appear. Refrain: Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel shall come to thee, O Israel.
2) O come, Thou Wisdom from on high, Who orderest all things mightily; To us the path of knowledge show, And teach us in her ways to go. Refrain: Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel shall come to thee, O Israel.
3) O come, Thou Root of Jesse’s tree, An ensign of Thy people be; Before Thee rulers silent fall; All peoples on Thy mercy call. Refrain: Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel shall come to thee, O Israel.
4) O come, Thou Day-spring, come and cheer Our spirits by Thine advent here; Disperse the gloomy clouds of night, And death’s dark shadows put to flight. Refrain: Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel shall come to thee, O Israel.
5) O come, Thou Key of David, come, And open wide our heavenly home; Make safe the way that leads on high, And close the path to misery. Refrain: Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel shall come to thee, O Israel.
6) O come, O come, great Lord of might, Who to Thy tribes on Sinai’s height In ancient times once gave the law In cloud and majesty and awe. Refrain: Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel shall come to thee, O Israel.
7) O come, Desire of nations, bind In one the hearts of all mankind; Bid Thou our sad divisions cease, And be Thyself our King of Peace. Refrain: Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel shall come to thee, O Israel.