Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Totus Tuus, Chaplet to the Immaculate Conception

History:
Based on the Chaplet of the Immaculate Conception composed by St John Berchmanns, SJ,
and the Tutos Tuus prayer composed by His Holiness, John Paul II, to Mary Immaculate.

Medals/Beads:
M X – 0 0 0 0 X 0 0 0 0 X 0 0 0 0

Method:
Begin with the sign of the cross
For each of the three sets of beads:
On the large beads (X), say:
"Totally yours, Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother", etc. and Our Father
On each of the small beads (0), say:
(one phrase per bead, as below) followed by Hail Mary
Totally yours, Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother
1. Live in me, Act in me,
2. Speak in me and through me,
3. Think your thoughts in my mind,
4. Love through my heart,     
5. Give me your dispositions and feelings,
6. Teach, lead me and guide me to Jesus,
7. Correct, enlighten and expand my thoughts and behavior,
8. Possess my soul,
9. Take over my entire personality and life, replace it with Yourself,
10. Incline me to constant adoration,
11. Pray in me and through me,
12. Let me live in you and keep me in this union always.
Conclude with:
Glory Be.

Tutos Tuus prayer:
Totally yours, Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother, Live in me, Act in me,  Speak in me and through me, Think your thoughts in my mind, Love through my heart, Give me your dispositions and feelings, Teach, lead me and guide me to Jesus, Correct, enlighten and expand my thoughts and behavior, Possess my soul, Take over my entire personality and life, replace it with Yourself, Incline me to constant adoration, Pray in me and through me, Let me live in you and keep me in this union always.

No comments:

Post a Comment