Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

Chaplet of the Sacred Heart

History:
Unknown.

Medals/Beads:
Medal with the Sacred Heart of Jesus on one side and the Madonna and Child on the other side.  May or may not have extra bead after cross.
.................0 0 0 0 0 0  X  0 0 0 0 0 0  X  0 0 0
C (X) 0 0 0  X  (........................................)
.................0 0 0 0 0 0  X  0 0 0 0 0 0  X  0 0 0

Method:
On the Crucifix:
Soul of Jesus Christ, sanctify me.
Heart of Jesus, inflame me with love.
Body of Jesus Christ, save me.
Blood of Jesus Christ, inebriate me.
Water out of the Side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
O good Jesus, hear me.
Within Thy Wounds, hide me.
Let me not be separated from Thee.
Defend me from the malignant enemy.
At the hour of death, call me
And bid me to come unto Thee
That with the Saints, I may praise Thee
For all eternity.  Amen.
On each large (X) bead:
Jesus most meek, make my heart like unto Thine.
We adore Thee, O Jesus, who hast been afflicted in the Garden of Gethsemani and who still in our time art outraged in the Blessed Sacrament by the impious conduct of men.  O most amiable Saviour, we recognize that Thou alone art Holy, Thou alone art Lord, Thou alone art Most High.
On each small (0) bead:
I adore Thee, O most Sacred Heart of Jesus, inflame my heart with the divine love with which Thine Own is all on fire.
Conclude with:
Our Father
Hail Mary
O Lord Jesus Christ, who by an ineffable miracle of love, has deigned to give Thy Heart to men to serve as their nourishment, in order thereby to gain their hearts, graciously hear our humble prayers, and pardon us for the sins of which we confess ourselves guilty before Thee.  Cast an eye of compassion and mercy upon those towards whom Thou dost condescend to direct the affections of Thine amiable Heart.  And since we desire to honour Thee in the adorable Mystery of the Altar to the utmost of our power and to render Thee most pleasing homage, and for that intention, weep for and detest from the bottom of our hearts all the outrages, contempt, mockery, sacrileges, and other acts of impiety which ungrateful men in every part of the world have committed against Thee, enkindle therefore in our hearts this divine love with which Thine Own is inflamed, and inspire us with sentiments like unto Thine, in order that we may be able worthily to praise for all eternity the love with which this Sacred Heart burns for us.  This our prayer to Thee who livest and reignest with the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit forever and ever.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment