Search This Blog

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Chaplet of St. Joan of Arc

History:
This chaplet may be used as a novena or prayed at any time for any necessity throughout the year.  The 19 beads commemorate each year of Joan's life.

Medals/Beads:
Medal of St. Joan.
........0 0 0 0 0  X  0 0
M X X (................... 0
........0 0 0 0 0  X  0 0

Method:
On the medal:
Incline unto my aid, O God.  O Lord, make haste to help me.  Amen
Glory Be
On the 1st bead:
Our Father
On the 2nd bead:
Our Father
St. Joan of Arc, immolated as a victim off the burning stake, pray that I may also become a victim by the faithful practice of all my duties as they pertain to me during my whole life.
1st set, each bead:
Hail Mary
Next large (X) bead:
Our Father
St. Joan of Arc, with you, I only wish to find my delight in practicing humility, charity, and penance, and all the virtues necessary to gain entrance into Heaven.  St. Joan of Arc, pray for us.
2nd set, each bead:
Hail Mary
Next large (X) bead:
Our Father
St. Joan of Arc, be with me in all my struggles.  Like the strong men of Israel, experienced in warfare, who constantly carry the sword at their side, to guard against unforeseen attacks during the night, may I ever be prepared for the combat.  Together with the protection of the angels and saints grant me also your own; inspire my endeavours; be my help and my light to guide me to Jesus, our Chief, and when my earthly mission is accomplished, may I expire like you, repeating with love, "Jesus!  Jesus!  Jesus!".  St. Joan of Arc, pray for us.
3rd set, each bead:
Hail Mary
On the medal, conclude with:
Pray for us, St. Joan of Arc, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment