Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chaplet of Our Lady of Guadalupe

History:
On December 9th, 1531, Our Lady appeared to Blessed Juan Diego, an Indian Christian, whom she sent to the bishop with the request to build a Church in her honour on the hill where she appeared.  The bishop asked Juan Diego for a sign to prove that the Virgin had appeared to him.  Our Lady appeared to Juan Diego again on December 12th and promised that his uncle would be healed.  To comfort him and encourage him, she spoke these words:
"Am I not here, who is your Mother?  Are you not under my shadow and protection?  Am I not the fountain of your joy?  Are you not in the folds of my mantle, in the crossing of my arm?  Is there anything else you need?"
She directed Juan Diego to gather a bouquet of roses that miraculously appeared on a bush nearby (roses do not bloom in the winter cold, not even in Mexico) to present to the bishop.  Juan Diego gathered the roses in his tilma.  When he opened his tilma before the bishop, the roses fell to the floor, and the bishop was amazed to see the miraculous image of the Mother of God imprinted on the cloak.  The image persuaded the bishop to believe what Juan Diego had told him, and the Church was built.

Medals/Beads:
Medal of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
......................0 0 0  X  0 0 0
C  X  0 0 0 0  X  M (................ X
......................0 0 0  X  0 0 0

Method:
On the Crucifix:
Our Lady of Guadalupe, Mystical Rose, make intercession for our Holy Church, protect the sovereign Pontiff, help all those who invoke you in their necessities, and since you are the ever Virgin Mary and Mother of the true God, obtain for us from your most Holy Son the grace of keeping our faith, of sweet hope in the midst of the bitterness of life, of burning charity, and the precious gift of final perseverance.  Amen.
On the 1st bead:
Our Father
On the next 4 beads:
Hail Mary - in honour of her four appearances
Finish this set with:
Glory Be
1st Apparition - Our Lady of Guadalupe appears to Blessed Juan Diego and requests a temple in her honour:
Our Father
Our Lady of Guadalupe, my Queen and my Mother, I thank you for your first apparition to Blessed Juan Diego when you revealed that you are the most Pure Virgin Mary, Mother of the True God, and Mother of all mankind.  I thank you for requesting a temple to be built where you stood, to bear witness to your love, your compassion, your aid and your protection for all who would love you, and invoke your help.
Hail Mary (3x)
Glory Be
2nd Apparition - Our Lady of Guadalupe gives Blessed Juan Diego encouragement after his return from the Bishop's house.
Our Father
Our Lady of Guadalupe, my Queen and my Mother, I thank you for your 2nd apparition to Blessed Juan Diego when upon his return from the Bishop's house, he knelt in humiliation and defeat before you since he was unable to accomplish your mission.  I thank you for the courage and encouragement you gave to Blessed Juan Diego to make a second appeal to the Bishop.
Hail Mary (3x)
Glory Be
3rd Apparition - Our Lady of Guadalupe promises a sign to Blessed Juan Diego for the Bishop.
Our Father
Our Lady of Guadalupe, my Queen and my Mother, I thank you for your 3rd apparition to Blessed Juan Diego when, after this unsuccessful attempt to have a temple built, you said to him, "So be it son.  Return tomorrow in order that you may secure for the bishop, the sign for which he has asked.  When this is in your possession, he will believe you; he will no longer doubt your word and suspect your good faith.  Be assured that I shall reward you for all that you have undergone."
Hail Mary (3x)
Glory Be
4th Apparition - Our Lady of Guadalupe fulfills her promise by showing herself on the tilma of Blessed Juan Diego.
Our Father
Our Lady of Guadalupe, my Queen and my Mother, I thank you for your 4th apparition to Blessed Juan Diego when you ordered him to pick the roses he would find on the summit of the hill and bring them to you.  I thank you for arranging them in his tilma when you said, "This cluster of roses is the sign that you shall take to the bishop.  You are to tell him in my name, that in this he will recognize my will and that he must fulfill it.  You will be my ambassador, wholly worthy of my confidence.  Only in the presence of the bishop shall you unfold your mantle and disclose what you carry."  I thank you for your image printed on the tilma which appeared when the roses were released.
Hail Mary (3x)
Glory Be
Conclude with:
Remember O most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone that fled to your protection, implored your help or sought your intercession was left unaided.  Inspired with this confidence I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to you I come, before you I stand sinful and sorrowful.  O Mother of the Word Incarnate despise not my petitions, but in your mercy hear and answer me.  Amen.

Prayer to Our Lady of Guadalupe:
Our Lady of Guadalupe, my Mother, into your hands joined in prayer, take my prayers, petitions and hopes, and present them to Jesus for me.  Remembering the love and care your hands rendered to Him, He will not refuse what they hold now, even though they are from me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment