Search This Blog

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Chaplet of St. Christopher

History:
Prayer composed by Patricia Hauze, 2002.

Medals/Beads:
............0 0 0
C  M  X  X (.......0
............0 0 0
or:
C M  X  0 0 0 0 0 0 0  X

Method:
On the Cross:
O God, without You to guide me, I am lost.
On 1st large bead:
Come sit beside me, O Lord, that I may begin this journey in peace.
Dear God, keep me safe.
1st small bead:
I pray for safety in my travels this day.
2nd small bead:
I pray for sunshine to light my way.
3rd small bead:
I pray for a journey that is incident free.
4th small bead:
I pray for patience for all travelers and me.
5th small bead:
I pray for rest at the end of my drive.
6th small bead:
I pray for clear roadways until I arrive.
7th small bead:
I pray for us all on the roads today.
On last large bead:
Thank You, O Lord, for a safe journey's end.
Dear Saint, you have inherited a beautiful name – Christ-bearer - as a result of a wonderful legend that while carrying people across a raging stream you also carried the Child Jesus.  Teach us to be true Christ-bearers to those who do not know Him.  Protect all drivers who often transport those who bear Christ within them.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment