Search This Blog

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Chaplet of St. Aloysius Gonzaga

History:
Unknown.

Medals/Beads:
.......0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
M X (........................ 0
.......0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Method:
Prayer:
Aloysius, You have drawn me to you, gentle teacher, loving guide. I am filled with gratitude to you...I love you. Just to see you, to sit with your image, is to see all the innocence, the trust, and the fire of prayer of the children of the kingdom.
Aloysius, Let me serve, let me love as you loved people on earth. Teach me to leave the dark destructive forces within and without for the Light in the presence of Our Savior, Jesus.
Aloysius, Teach me to pray unceasingly, pray with me, stay near me, kneel with me...take my hand. And finally when my life here is over, come to lead me Home. Amen
On the Medal:
Sign of the Cross
Act of Contrition
On the Single Bead (white/clear- for his innocence):
Our Father
On the 23 Beads (Blue- for his devotion to Mary):
Hail Mary
Saint Aloysius, pray for us.
Closing Prayer:
Father of Love, giver of all good things, in St. Aloysius you combined remarkable innocence with a spirit of penance.
By the help of his prayers may we who have not followed his innocence follow his example of penance.
Grant this through Christ our Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment