Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

Litany of the Love of God

Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, One God, Have mercy on us.
Thou Who art Infinite Love, I Love Thee, O my God.
Thou Who didst first love me, I Love Thee, O my God.
Thou Who dost command me to love Thee, I Love Thee, O my God.
With all my heart, I Love Thee, O my God.
With all my soul, I Love Thee, O my God.
With all my mind, I Love Thee, O my God.
With all my strength, I Love Thee, O my God.
Above all possessions and honor, I Love Thee, O my God.
Above all pleasures and enjoyments, I Love Thee, O my God.
More than myself and all that belongs to me, I Love Thee, O my God.
More than all my relatives and friends, I Love Thee, O my God.
More than all men and Angels, I Love Thee, O my God.
Above all created things in Heaven or on earth, I Love Thee, O my God.
Only for Thyself, I Love Thee, O my God.
Because Thou art the sovereign Good, I Love Thee, O my God.
Because Thou art infinitely worthy of being loved, I Love Thee, O my God.
Because Thou art infinitely perfect, I Love Thee, O my God.
Even hadst Thou not promised me Heaven, I Love Thee, O my God.
Even hadst Thou not menaced me with Hell, I Love Thee, O my God.
Even shouldst Thou try me by want and misfortune, I Love Thee, O my God.
In wealth and in poverty, I Love Thee, O my God.
In prosperity and in adversity, I Love Thee, O my God.
In health and in sickness, I Love Thee, O my God.
In life and in death, I Love Thee, O my God.
In time and in eternity, I Love Thee, O my God.
In union with that love wherewith all the Saints and all the Angels love Thee in Heaven,
I Love Thee, O my God.
In union with that love wherewith the Blessed Virgin Mary loveth Thee, I Love Thee, O my God.
In union with that infinite love wherewith Thou lovest Thyself eternally, I Love Thee, O my God.
Let Us Pray: 
My God, Who dost possess in incomprehensible abundance all that is perfect and worthy of love, annihilate in me all guilty, sensual, and undue love for creatures; kindle in my heart the pure flame of Thy love, so that I may love nothing but Thee or in Thee, until, being entirely consumed by holy love of Thee, I may go to love Thee eternally with the elect in Heaven, the country of pure love. Amen.
~~ by Pope Pius VI

No comments:

Post a Comment