Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Novena in honor of Saint Odilia

First Day 
All powerful Father, you alone are Holy; without you nothing is good. I come before you, trusting in your love for me and praying to you through the intercession of St. Odilia, Virgin and Martyr. I ask you to help me become the person you have called me to be. I ask this with the same trust that inspired St. Odilia to leave her home in order to follow Christ more closely. Father, increase my confidence in your love for me, and, if it be your will, grant my special request. I ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
Our Father....
Hail Mary....
St. Odilia, pray for us.

Second Day 
Lord, Our God, for the glory of your name, you gave St. Odilia the courage to give her life in martyrdom as a witness to Christ. Through her intercession to help me to know your will and give me the courage to do it, so that I may be true to Christ until my death. If it be your will for me, grant my special prayer and let me come one day to live with Christ in glory, with St. Odilia and all the saints. I ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
Our Father....
Hail Mary....
St. Odilia, pray for us.

Third Day
Father, I ask through the intercession of St. Odilia, that I may grow stronger as a Christian. Help me to see myself as a pilgrim in this world, a person called to respect and love all, a sinner who has been saved by you. I ask you, Father, to grant my special petition, if it be your will, and to give me a greater love for your Son, Jesus Christ so that I may no longer live for myself, but may only strive to please you in all I do. I ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
Our Father....
Hail Mary....
St. Odilia, pray for us.

Fourth Day 
Merciful Father, I have failed in my life because of my weakness. As a sinner, I come before you to ask your forgiveness. I ask through the intercession of St. Odilia and all your holy people, to be restored anew to your love. Give me holiness of soul and body, and bring me into your divine life. May I obtain these favors, as well as my special prayer, if that be your will for me, through the merits of Jesus Christ, your Son, our Lord, who lives with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
Our Father....
Hail Mary....
St. Odilia, pray for us.

Fifth Day 
Father, source of salvation for all people, I praise you that through the intercession of St. Odilia, the patroness of the eyes, so many people have been strengthened in the faith that made her so loyal to Christ, your Son. Through her prayers, many have been cured of blindness and other ailments of the eyes. I ask, Father, that you let me become a sign of your love for all people, and, if it be your will for me, that my special request be granted. I ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
Our Father....
Hail Mary....
St. Odilia, pray for us.

Sixth Day 
God and Father of all gifts, I praise you, the source of all I am and have. I thank you for your kindness, and especially for the gifts many have received through the help of St. Odilia. Through her intercession, may you be my strength in adversity, my health in weakness, my comfort in sorrow. I know, Father, that you will never forget me and my plea. Because of this, I know that you, Father, will give me the strength to give myself in greater service to you and my neighbor. I ask for all of these things, and my special prayer, if that be your will for me, through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
Our Father....
Hail Mary....
St. Odilia, pray for us.

Seventh Day 
Ever-living God, hear the prayers of all who recall the example of St. Odilia. She sacrificed all she had to you. Guide me on my way; help me grow in my imitation of St. Odilia, so that I can keep my soul free from all defilement, and so that I can become ever more the temple of your spirit. Grant that I may one day live with you and all the saints in heaven. I ask you to grant this, and my special request, if this be your will for me, through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
Our Father....
Hail Mary....
St. Odilia, pray for us.

Eight Day 
Lord God, Almighty Father, May I follow the witness of St. Odilia, who chose to follow the Cross, the Sign through which you have given all life and hope. I ask you, Father, to awaken in my life a desire to follow Jesus and to choose the Cross as my sign of strength in sorrow, of joy in tribulation, of life through death. I ask that you grant this, and my special petition if that be your will for me, through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
Our Father....
Hail Mary....
St. Odilia, pray for us.

Ninth Day 
O god of love, your Son has shown us the way of accepting your will. Hear my prayers, through the intercession of St. Odilia, the patroness of the Order of the Holy Cross. May all who suffer pain, illness or disease realize that they are chosen to be saints, and may they come to know that they are joined in Christ in suffering for the salvation of the world. I ask you to give me the grace of imitating Christ and St. Odilia and to resign myself to your will for me. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
Our Father....
Hail Mary....
St. Odilia, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment