Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Holy Communion Chaplet

History:
Unknown.

Medals/Beads:
Medal with Our Lady of Sorrows on one side and the Sacred Heart of Jesus on the other side.
..............0 0 0  X  0 0 0  X  0
C 0 0 0 M (..................... 0
..............0 0 0  X  0 0 0  X  0

Method:
On the Crucifix:
Act of Contrition
On the 1st 3 beads:
Our Father
On the medal:
Glory Be
Act of Faith:
O my God, I firmly believe that Thou art One God in three Divine Persons, Father, Son and Holy Ghost; I believe that Thy Divine Son became man, and died for our sins, and that He will come to judge the living and the dead.  I believe these and all the truths which the Holy Catholic Church teaches because Thou hast revealed them, Who canst neither deceive nor be deceived.
Act of Hope:
O my God, relying on Thy almighty power and infinite mercy and promises, I hope to obtain pardon of my sins, the help of thy grace, and life everlasting, through the merits of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Redeemer.
Act of Charity:
O my god, I love Thee above all things, with my whole heart and soul, because Thou art all-good and worthy of all love.  I love my neighbour as myself for the love of Thee.  I forgive all who have injured me, and ask pardon of all whom I have injured.
On the 1st bead of each set:
Hail Mary
On the 2nd bead of each set:
Our Father
On the 3rd bead of each set:
Memorare:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.  Inspired with this confidence, I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.  To you I come; before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.  O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but, in your mercy, hear and answer me.  Amen.
On the medal:
Glory Be
Act of Faith
Act of Hope
Act of Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment