Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Crown of St. Philomena

History:
St. Philomena is a most powerful helper of students at examinations.  She cures the sick in the most desperate cases and she obtains great help for mothers at childbirth.
The Apostles Creed is said to ask for the grace of faith.  The Our Fathers are in honour of the 3 Divine Persons of the Blessed Trinity in thanksgiving for graces granted to St. Philomena and for favours obtained through her intercession.  The red beads are to commemorate the 13 years that St. Philomena spent on earth.

Medals/Beads:
Medal of St. Philomena and of St. John Vianney; second Medal with Madonna and Child on one side, and Lourdes on the other side.  Large (X) beads are traditionally white, small (0) beads traditionally red.
....................0 0 0 0 0 0
M X X X M ( ............... 0
.....................0 0 0 0 0 0

Method:
On the medal:
Apostles Creed
On the large (X) beads:
Our Father
On the small (0) beads:
Hail, O holy St. Philomena, whom I acknowledge after Mary as my advocate with thy Divine Spouse, intercede for me now and at the hour of my death.  St. Philomena, beloved daughter of Jesus and Mary, pray for us who have recourse to thee.  Amen.
Conclude with:
Hail, O illustrious St. Philomena, who so courageously shed thy blood for Christ, I bless the Lord for all the graces He has bestowed upon thee during thy life, especially at thy death.  I praise and glorify Him for the honour and power with which He has crowned thee and I beg thee to obtain for me from God the graces I ask through thy intercession.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment