Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chaplet of St. Michael, Archangel - variations

Variation #1:
Start with the 4 Our Fathers (1 each for St. Michael, St. Gabriel, St. Raphael and our Guardian Angel).  There is a 2nd medal - the Guardian Angel medal, then as above.
Prayer on the Guardian Angel medal:
Our Father
St. Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil.  We humbly beseech God to command him, and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the divine power thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits who roam through the world seeking the ruin of souls.  Amen

Variation #2 (Also known as the Chaplet of the Holy Angels):
On the medal:
O my Jesus, I offer you this chaplet to Your Divine Heart, that You may render it perfect, thus giving joy to Your holy Angles and so they may keep me under their holy protection, above all at the hour of my death to which I invite them with all my heart.  Strengthened by their presence, I will await death with joy and be preserved from the assaults of hell.
I beseech you also, dear Angels, to visit immediately the souls in Purgatory, especially my parents, my friends, my benefactors; help them so that they will soon be delivered.  Do not forget me either after my death.  This I beg you with all my heart, through the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Amen.
On the 1st bead:
St. Michael, I recommend the hour of my death to you.  Hold the Evil One prisoner, so that he may not battle against me and do harm to my soul.
On the 2nd bead:
St. Gabriel, obtain for me from God lively faith, strong hope, ardent charity and great devotion to the Blessed Sacrament of the Altar.
On the 3rd bead:
St. Raphael, lead me constantly on the road of virtue and perfection.
On the 4th bead:
My Holy Guardian Angel, obtain for me divine inspiration and the special grace to be faithful.
Remaining beads:
Our Father
Hail Mary (3x)
1st set:
O ardent Seraphim, obtain for me a burning love for God.
2nd set:
O Cherubim brilliant with light, obtain for me true knowledge of the science of the saints.
3rd set:
O admirable Thrones, obtain for me peace and tranquillity of heart.
4th set:
O exalted Dominions, obtain for me victory over all evil thoughts.
5th set:
O invincible Powers, obtain for me strength against all evil spirits.
6th set:
O most serene Virtues, obtain for me obedience and perfect justice.
7th set:
O Principalities, who accomplish prodigies, obtain for me plenitude of all virtue and perfection.
8th set:
O holy Archangels, obtain for me conformity to the Will of God.
9th set:
O holy Angels, O faithful Guardian Angels, obtain for me true humility and great confidence in the divine mercy.

Variation #3:
Sometimes is said with 4 Hail Marys each set, instead of 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment