Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chaplet for the Dead

History:
This chaplet is in memory of the 40 hours which Our Lord is thought to have spent in Limbo, and to deliver and conduct to heaven all the souls of the saints who died before Him.

....................0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  X  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
X 0 0 0 X M (.................................................X
....................0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  X  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0


Method:
Begin with:
De Profundis:
Out of the depths I cry to You, O Lord; O Lord hear my voice.
Let Your ears be attentive to the voice of my supplication.
If You should remember sins, O Lord; O Lord, who could bear it?
But with You is forgiveness, that You may be served with reverence.
I hope in the Lord, my soul hopes in His word;
My soul waits for the Lord, more than watchmen for the dawn.
More than watchmen for the dawn, let Israel wait for the Lord,
For with the Lord is mercy and with Him plenteous redemption:
And He shall redeem Israel from all its sins.
Eternal rest give to them, O Lord.  And let perpetual light shine upon them.  May they rest in peace.  Amen.  O Lord, hear my prayer.  And let my cry come to You.
Let us pray:
O God, the Creator and Redeemer of all the faithful, grant to the souls of Your servants departed the remission of all their sins, that through pious supplications they may obtain the pardon which they have always desired, who lives and reigns, world without end.  Amen
May they rest in peace.  Amen
On the large (X) beads:
Eternal rest give to them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them.  May they rest in peace.  Amen
O my God, I believe in Thee because Thou art Truth itself; I hope in Thee because Thou art infinitely merciful; I love Thee with my whole heart and above all things because Thou art infinitely perfect; and I love my neighbour as myself for the love of Thee.  I am truly sorry for having sinned because Thou art infinitely good and sin displeases Thee.  I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace, never more to offend Thee.  Amen
On the small (0) beads:
Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation.
Conclude each decade with:
Eternal rest grant unto him/her, O Lord.  And let perpetual light shine upon him/her.  May he/she rest in peace.  Amen.
May his/her soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.  Amen.
May the love of God and the peace of the Lord Jesus Christ bless us and console us and gently wipe every tear from our eyes: in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.  Amen
Conclude with:
De Profundis

No comments:

Post a Comment